Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

And I helped!


Sean and I are in Alexandria today (and yesterday) and while I can't say I've done a lot of cooking, I have helped. For Mother's Day, we made Tuscan pork chops with light breading. That was my job and it combined two of my least favorite things: raw meat and raw egg. EEEEEK.


The final result: Tuscan lamb chops, asparagus with roasted red peppers and mashed potatoes. Anyone who knows me well knows that this isn't my plate; I hate mashed potatoes (go ahead, mock me openly via comment. I know it's sacrilegious).


Katie (my future sister-in-law) made delicious caprese salad. Forgive my amazing cell phone photo quality.


Today we went to Silver Spring, Md. to visit Katie at work and have lunch at a delicious cafe called Adego. Afterward, we went to Honfleur Home, a Marimekko outpost. It was heavenly; I think this entire stack of fabric would make amazing tablecloths or napkins at a wedding.


We finished out our visit with cupcakes from Cake Love. I had "The 44th," a caramel and vanilla cupcake, and Sean had a vanilla cupcake with strawberry frosting. Delicious!

I hope you all had fabulous Mother's Days. When I get the go-ahead that my relatives received their cards, I will post pictures here.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar