Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

When you finally find, the one


Is there no great annoyance then loosing the receipt for a dress which you want to return? I can assure you, having lost one this morning that there is not!!!
I recently purchased what I thought would be my graduation dress. Until I made a few errors in judgement -
1 - I saw the US size thinking it was a small, turns out it's a UK large size and given that it's a cream shift dress, I can't get away with it. It actually looks like a bed sheet
2 - The dress is cream and I am blonde - I often think cream, white and yellow look terrible next to blondes
3 - The dress is not lined. (which for the price I paid is annoying to say the least) but it means that everything is on show. Everything. I tried it on this morning and was annoyed to be able to see the patterned bra I was wearing. Not a good look
4 - The cream panels of sheer fabric that hang from the collar, pull the collar tight around the neck and makes you feel as if you are being suffocated. Slowly.

I knew it wouldn't be that easy finding the perfect dress - it wasn't for my last one either. But I really thought I had it licked this time. I had grabbed what I thought was my size, the last one in Topshop which was a mature grown up choice - as opposed to my usual brand of leather and band t-shirts. Yes, I was worried it was cream and yes, I was worried it might be loose on me - but I was not expecting the choking and the see - through effect either.

It did however highlight the change in consumer attitudes to me. I remember back in 2008, shopping for my graduation with my mother in Cork. We bought a new everything - blazer, skirt, vest, ring, necklace and shoes - and a bag! But this was before we knew about banks, recessions and unemployment, before the world came crashing down around us. So fast forward three years and you have what I did now - a sale dress and I knew I had the perfect accessories and shoes at home. We just don't have the money or the time for fast fashion anymore - which, for our economy is bad but our enviroment - a good thing.

I guess my search goes on, made more difficult by the fact that I will be on crutches at that time so the dress must be so fantastic that people look at that instead!

Annoying though that my partner has thrown out the bag with the reciept in it. Which means I can only exchange it - argh! Annoyance!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar